Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving


Thankful.


I hope everyone take the time today to really actually sit and think of what the are thankful for. I feel like gratitude's are such an important part of life and being happy.

I am thankful for my family. They are just amazing.

I love my brothers more then anything. They have such distinct personalities and are both the greatest guys ever. They both picked nurses for girlfriends who are beautiful, fun and super giving. I've really enjoying becoming best friends with them since I've moved home. Jim makes me laugh so much and I can always sit and have the best conversation with Steve. Their friends are my extended family.

My parents are unbelievable and the greatest role models. They are so in love and so giving to each other and everyone else. They actually took betrayal from someone and turned it into a happy story. I always knew they were good people but I don't think I realized how gigantic their hearts were till this past year. (maybe one day Ill blog about that story)

I'm obsessed with my grandparents. No one in the whole world could be more caring then my grandfather and if there is someone else in this world like that I want to find him and marry him asap. My grandmother made my childhood like a fairytale. She is so much fun and just gets a kick out of everything. She always let me explore, and be creative no matter how big of a mess I made. People say I am an exact version of her and there could be no greater compliment.

The two newest people in my immediate family are Krista and her baby Michael. Krista is so much stronger then she knows. To fight addiction, take care of a child and deal with my obsessiveness with always trying to make people better and not punching me in the face. I'm her therapist she never asked for. I love all children but with him all I have to do is look at Michael and he never fails to give me this smile that literally makes everything ok. From the first time I held him I knew he was family.

My friends are unbelievable. To be able to have people that literally have seen the worst in you and choose to love you anyway is a great feeling. A family who has a choice, who picks you. All of my friends bring out something different in me. Sometimes you want to be with someone who knows your whole life story because they were there, no explanations necessary. Other times, I just need support and someone who has a good head on their shoulders for a good conversation. Most of the time I want to be with people who will make me laugh like I'm in high school and be able to loose my ego completely and just have fun. I'm lucky to have a friend who is like a brother to me, knows my whole family and everything about me. I REALLY feel like he is someone who has my best interest at heart and there is no other motives that could be possible to make it any other way. Not everyone is born into a great family but I truly hope that everyone gets to experience this type of love.

I suppose this ended up an incredible amount more cheesy then intended, but its THANKSGIVING! If you are someone who knows me and is reading this, you know that it is not at all generic. Everything stated about the people I love is right on, this is how blessed I am to have people like that in my life.

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment