Wednesday, September 23, 2009

A article about my BFF Christopher Brzostowski in GLAMOUR


My New Favorite Nighttime Eyes: Lashy, Shimmery, A Little Catty

Monday, 08/17/2009 at 2:00 PM21 Comments
I know, we are all about eyes today on the blog--but I'm too excited to hold off posting this! Allow me to reveal my new favorite after-dark eye makeup look (and a few tips that'll help you try it for yourself).As Beth mentioned earlier when showing you her amazing purple smoky eyes, my bachelorette party was on Saturday. Obviously, I needed makeup that felt extra fun and special, so I headed to the man a friend swears does the best makeup in Manhattan: Chris Brzostowski at the Kevyn Aucoin counter in Henri Bendel (sorry Jessica--your secret is out!).


I told him I love cat-eye liner (but get weirded out by major liquid liner) and wanted to be very lashy--I brought along some subtle Laura Mercier outer-corner faux lashes. Other than that, I said to just give me a really fun, bach-worthy look. Here are some shots of the final result.




I loved how bright my eyes looked in photos and how the liner was so subtle yet so sexy. Here are a few tricks Chris used to get the look:

* He took an eyeliner brush and used it to work black pencil liner into my lash line (you just rub the bristles onto the pencil). Then he added just a few strokes of liquid liner for definition at the end.
* To keep the liner symmetrical at both corners, he went back and forth between my eyes over and over and over with his liner brush, until he got them perfectly even.

* He started with a shimmery, champagne-colored cream eyeshadow all over the lid, then set it with a powder eyeshadow in a similar shade. This prevented creasing and kept the makeup from smudging even after hours of sweaty dancing.

* Even though the look was light and shimmery, Chris used a brown shade in my eye crease to add depth, plus shimmer on my cheekbones for some extra light and pop.

* Chris did not use a lash curler on me (and you know I hate leaving the house without using mine). This is especially shocking since Kevyn Aucoin makes an amazing lash curler. But apparently the brand's curling mascara is also amazing--it really did keep my lashes lifted and curled on its own.

I'll share a couple pics of my overall bach-party look tomorrow, when I do a post about take two of the spray tan. Until then ...

I'm curious: What's your favorite going-out eye at the moment? Do you guys prefer bright colors, smoky eyes, or shimmery nudes for night right now?


by Petra Guglielmetti





To get the look on the eyes that Chris so beautifully created you will need:

GIELLA:

  • Magnetic eye
  • Twinkle pressed eyeshadow
  • I-dazzle loose eyeshadow (Mario also uses this color on Kim Kardashian)
  • Eye pencil in Jet
  • #4 angel brush to smudge the eyeliner

KEVYN AUCOIN :
  • Volume Mascara
  • Eyebrow pencil

To Purchase:
  • Email me at KristynApril@yahoo.com

  • Or drop in Kristyn April Designs...
1 South Maint street
Yardley, PA 19067

the Carriage House behind T.Foster & Co. Jeweler



No comments:

Post a Comment