Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The time is always now



I've been wanting to open a boutique for a long time now. My quote has been "the time is always now" since right before I moved to NYC a couple years ago. It is this quote that inspired me to just get up and do it. After I moved there i went to MUD (make-up designory) and studied make-up and color theory. When I looked out the window from the big windows in the Soho building I was learning in, right across the alley was painted huge on the window my exact quote. It was clearly a sign.


I moved home from NYC to have more time to focus on my dream and spend less time working and partying. It has felt like a vacation so far and I still go back 2 days a week as of now and get my NYC fix and work because a lot of my clients are there. Its wonderful. Ive been holding out on looking for any real jobs here in PA for 3 reasons. 1) the pay is shitty 2) for what I do (involves fashion in makeup and jewelry) people dont seem to get it and don't spend money on fabulous things. I feel like they would rather go to target and spend a couple bucks then have a beautiful, hand created, one of a kind piece of jewelry or make-up. Im not knocking Target, I can be spotted there at least once a week its just different. 3) I am sick of putting off my dream of opening a boutique because I have no money but I don't want to take a loan out.

I started posting my creations on facebook and my little blog and I have been getting a great response and a great amount of support from everyone so THANK YOU SO MUCH! This gave me a bit of faith. I have been thinking positive thoughts and really putting what I want out there and It has arrived.

I am partnering up with Face and Body spa in Yardley, PA and opening my boutique inside of their loft!!! I am sooo excited and just as much nervous. I am asking for all of your support. Please stop in, even just to say hi... I want to keep it flowing. i am going to have Giella custom cosmetics and my Jewelry as well as setting up a little lounge area so people will hopefully feel comfortable just coming in to have some coffee or tea and read a mag or a book and just hang out!

To thank you all for supporting me I want to use some of my space to throw events of any type. Id love to have some art shows, jewelry shows, music shows, anything cool you can come up with! It helps me because you bring people awareness of me being there and of course it will help you too.

Yardley is an adorable little town. Its close to everything so no excuses!! Stop in A LOT!

I go in tomorrow to start painting and I am going to try to post pictures from everything- start to finish so stand by!!

xoxoxoxoxoxo

Kristyn April


PS. actual photo's of the building I am mentioning.

3 comments:

  1. that's amazing, kristyn!!! congrats!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Kris! I'm so happy for you and I wish I could see it in action!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!!! KP- if your in town you def have to stop by and Christi you have no excuse! hah <3

    ReplyDelete